G H Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur and G H Raisoni Institute of Engineering & Technology, Pune are remote center of IIT, Bombay for “National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technologies (NME-ICT)” funded by MHRD, Govt. of India.
The center will deliver ISTE workshops and other educational programs transmitted from IIT for the faculty of engineering colleges. It is primarily R & D project. The objective of the project is to develop useful applications and contents, for empowerment of teachers and students.
The Various Workshops conducted by IIT Bombay are:
- A 2-days ISTE workshop on “Aakash for education” was organized by IIT Bombay on 10th and 11th November 2012
- A 2-days ISTE workshop on “Research methods in education techniques” was organized by IIT Bombay on 2nd and 9th February 2013
- A 10-days ISTE workshop on “Engineering Thermodynamics” was organized by IIT Bombay on 11th Dec to 21st Dec 2012
- A 4-days ISTE workshop on “Aakash Android application programming” for students was organized by IIT Bombay on 23rd to 24th Feb 2013 and 2nd & 3rd march 2013 in which 156 students were benefited
- A 10-days ISTE workshop on “Database Management Systems” was organized by IIT Bombay on 21st May to 31st May 2013
- A 10-days ISTE workshop on “Analog Electronics “which is to be conducted on 4th June to 14th June 2013